Saturday, May 8, 2010

Upward Over The Mountain ~ A Sneaky Peek At May 9, 2010 Strombo Show


UPDATE:


As promised.. but a bit later than planned as it's REALLY freaking sunny in Vancouver right now! So much so... that I kinda got a bit distracted by sunny activities and now the Habs game.. that I'm actually attempting to work on this update while on the commercial breaks.. (ok.. well, I'm trying but Don Cherry is going on.. so... "very effective".. uh.. NOT!)


I was saying yesterday...
That... I was given a wee sneaky peek & some hints about what's coming up on the: May 9, 2010 Strombo Show

Hee hee.. here's what I know..

Well, for starters it's Mother's Day tomorrow, and we know how much George adores his mom.. so I'm thinking we're going to see some Mom Day requests (maybe some "dedications"... we can hope?!) & he didn't call her last week... so you gotta figure we're going to hear from her this Sunday (now I don't know this for sure.. but it'd be a pretty good guess right?) And if we don't.. George.. seriously.. your Mom should be a regular on your show.. she's that awesome!

So we're sure hoping the nation's Mom shows up.
Actually... in fact, I think most of us would date you just for your Mom. Just sayin' ;)

And I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd be very excited to hear from her again, to hear her song pics and stories about George and to hear G's voice change, and get all super soft and sweet when he talks to his mom.

That'd be a collective... Awwwwwwww... all across the country.


Either way.. Happy Mother's Day to George's Mom (& his Baba)!

And Happy Mother's Day to my own MOM! And my sister-in-law & my aunts.. (& my Baba & Grandma who've both passed on.. thinking of you lovely ladies always).

And of course.. Happy Mother's Day to mom's everywhere!



And that hint I left you with...


I do know that we are going to hear some requests on Sunday.. and this will be one of them:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upward Over The Mountain
by Iron & Wine


Mother don't worry, I killed the last snake that lived in the creek bed
Mother don't worry, I've got some money I saved for the weekend
Mother remember being so stern with that girl who was with me
Mother remember the blink of an eye when I breathed through your body

So may the sunrise bring hope where it once was forgotten
Sons are like birds flying upwards over the mountain

Mother I made it up from the bruise on the floor of this prison
Mother I lost it all of the fear of the Lord I was given
Mother forget me now that the creek drank the cradle you sang to
Mother forgive me I sold your car for the shoes that I gave you

So may the sunrise bring hope where it once was forgotten
Sons can be birds taken broken up to the mountain

Mother don't worry I've got a coat and some friends on the corner
Mother don't worry she's got a garden we're it planting together
Mother remember the night that the dog had her pups in the pantry
Blood on the floor and the fleas in their paws
And you cried 'til the morning

So may the sunrise bring hope where it once was forgotten
Sons are like birds flying always over the mountain

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


That's all I know about.. more or less.. I may get a few more hints before Sunday, and if I do, I'll update this post!

And as always.. please visit The Strombo Show Website for updates, the streaming "pod-casts" and other stuff. I.e Show Playlists: I get them from there & add stuff additional stuff in when I post them here! I'm also working on a new format for the playlists I put up here... to make them easier to read! Loads of sexy stuff...

Enjoy the sun and hope to see you in the Strombo Show Chat tomorrow starting at 8pm AST/7pm EST/4pm PST (and going until approx. ~1am-ish AST/midnight EST/9pm PST)...

(I'm off to make my wifi work on my rooftop patio so I can sit up there in the sun with y'all tomorrow in the chat & watch the rest of the hockey game.)

GO HABS GO!


Yours in musical awesome-ness,

~(now former) StromboShowChat Collective

No comments:

Post a Comment

As it turns out, I can't turn off the "Anonymous Users" part of the commenting form w/out also losing other formating I like, so I'll have to live with it. However, I do hope that those that comment here will make an effort to at least use a name of some sort. Or if you have a blog or website you can include it under the "Name/URL" option.

I do welcome all comments regardless and while you are not obliged to leave anything more than the comment, this blog is about engaging and sharing so I hope you will do the same.

Best regards,
Yours in musical awesome-ness!

~(now former) StromboShowChat Collective
.